none
Connecting Access 2013 database to dreamweaver cs3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created an access database for a customer that has a login page, user dashboards and several forms and reports, I have been able to do everything that the customer wanted except intergrate it with a dreamweaver website. My question is this, is it possible to intergrate the database and all its queries and reports with dreamweaver replacing all the forms with dreamweaver forms and pages, this includes the login popup and user dashboards.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Kind Regards

Richard

Monday, March 5, 2018 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Richard,

If I understood your question correctly, you seem to be trying to merge two different technologies together. The Access database is a Desktop application, while a Dreamweaver project is a web application. Access was not meant to be used as a web application. If you must have a web application, you will probably move your data out of Access and into a Server type database such as MySQL or SQL Azure, which are more suited for web applications.

Just my 2 cents...

Monday, March 5, 2018 5:08 PM
  • While it may be possible to connect to it, it is simply the wrong technology to do so. Access is not a web technology.  You, your client, need to turn to proper web technologies PHP, .Net,.... MySQL, SQL Azure, ....

Daniel Pineault, 2010-2017 Microsoft MVP
    Professional Support: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
    MS Access Tips and Code Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Monday, March 5, 2018 5:39 PM
  • Hi all,

Thank you for the input, I had read on some sites it was possible but wanted to check with you all as you have never steered me wrong.

I will rethink the approach and pitch it to the client.

Thank you again.

Kind Regards

Richard

Monday, March 5, 2018 9:03 PM
  • Hi Richard,

It is possible to connect an Access frontend to a MySQL or SQL Azure or SQL Server backend, maybe that's what you read? However, the Access frontend cannot be used as a website.

Monday, March 5, 2018 9:08 PM
  • Hi R.Nock,

If you think that you got the answer for your question from the suggestions given by the community members then you can mark the suggestions as an answer.

It will be helpful for us to close this thread and It will also helpful to other community members in future who have same kind of issues.

If you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide you further suggestions for it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:04 AM
  • If you simply want to use the Access database as the back end (data and queries only, no reports) then yes it's possible to create web forms to replace those forms currently in Access. Dreamweaver is simply a web development tool. It supports a number of different programming language technologies such as JavaScript, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, etc., and you could use the ACE OLEDB/ODBC provider/driver with these technologies to access and update the data through SQL statements and QueryDefs in the Access database. How you would connect to an Access database would depend upon the technology used in the Dreamweaver app.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:17 PM
  • thanks for the info, I have managed to talk them into a different way of running the project.

Thank you all for the info.

Kind Regards

Richard

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:24 PM
  • Hi Richard,

You're welcome. We were all happy to assist. Good luck with your project.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:31 PM
  • Hi R.Nock,

Did you got the answer for your question?

If yes, I suggest you to mark the helpful reply as an answer.

It will help us to close this thread and it will be helpful to the community members who will meet with same kind of issues in future.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 12:54 AM