Library for Printing HTML? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've been using the HTML document class for printing from my winforms applications.  It's been very easy, but the only problem is that it prints using IE's default settings: "Page X of Y" winds up in the header, and about:blank and the date in the footer.  I don't think my client is going to want that.

I've been looking into writing the print functions myself using GDI+, but man! what a lot of work!  It seems fairly straightforward for printing plain text and graphics, but when considering things like tabs and tables, implementing line-wrapping etc., it looks very daunting.

So if possible I'd like to keep on using HTML, but find a library that might print my HTML using GDI+.  Does anyone know of anything like that out there?  Thanks.

Aaron

Friday, June 6, 2008 8:40 PM

Answers

• Understood.  There is no .NET class that can do this, other than WebBrowser.  You'll have to buy something.  That Google query tells you what's available.
    Saturday, June 7, 2008 11:27 AM

All replies

• Google does, as usual.
    Friday, June 6, 2008 11:00 PM
  • Hi nobugz,

Thanks for the response.  I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.  What I'm looking for is a .NET class or set of classes that will take my HTML content, i.e. a string, and use GDI+ to print it. 

Thanks!

Aaron

Friday, June 6, 2008 11:36 PM
  • Understood.  There is no .NET class that can do this, other than WebBrowser.  You'll have to buy something.  That Google query tells you what's available.
    Saturday, June 7, 2008 11:27 AM