none
How to Sign an assembly after obfuscation. RRS feed

• Question

• My project is an Add-Ins projects which contains 4 projects including a licensing project. i have used .snk file for signing the assemblies. Now i need to obfuscate the licensing project for security purpose so i tried Dotfuscator for obfuscation. i created an Dotfuscator project and uses license.dll as its input assembly, it works fine till now.

problem is : After obfuscation i used that obfuscated assembly as the license library rather than the original one. it generates an error which says "assembly is not signed" as expected cause didn't signed the obfuscated file. it may be cause because of my lack of information about obfuscation and signing. could anybody provide me feedback regarding how can i sign the assembly manually or automatically during build process.

• Moved by Naomi N Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:35 PM May be better answer here
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Well, I see no point of which your question has something to do about "Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums".

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:01 AM
  • hi Livio, 

Thanks for your response. Actually i didn't find any exactly related group for this question so i guessed this might be little related group for my question, if you know any related group then please give me, i will move this question to that group.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:52 AM
  • Hi Ramesh,

>>could anybody provide me feedback regarding how can i sign the assembly manually or automatically during build process.

Follow this VS tutorial: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms247123(v=vs.100).aspx 

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 26, 2013 11:58 AM