Configruation file cannot be created for the requested Configuration object RRS feed

• Question

• User-362386836 posted

I am trying to encrypt the connection string that is being given in the web.config file using aspnet_regiis. So I have the Connection String as

<connectionStrings>
         <add name="ProConnection" connectionString="Data Source=J;User Id=T;Password=C;pooling=true;min pool size=5;Max Pool Size=60" providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client"/>
        </connectionStrings>

So I am trying to open the aspnet_regiis.exe as

aspnet_regiis -pe "connectionStrings" -app "/NewTestAPI" -prov "RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider"

or

aspnet_regiis -pe "connectionStrings" -app "/E:/Dropbox/NewTestAPI" -prov "RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider"

It throws an error saying "Configruation file cannot be created for the requested Configuration object.Failed!" I tried even sharing the folder

enter image description here

Gave as

aspnet_regiis -pe "connectionStrings" -app "/\\ABC\NewTestAPI" -prov "RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider"

It throws again same error "Configruation file cannot be created for the requested Configuration object.Failed!

Friday, July 29, 2016 5:37 AM

Answers

All replies