Adding button on top of image RRS feed

• Question

• User303955 posted

I am making a caluclator right now wanting to add a button on top of a background image. i have the background image all set and the button all set. But when ever i try to put something on top of the background it goes benife it and you can not see it. I added the background image afterwards but surley there is a way to do this

Monday, April 10, 2017 10:49 AM

Answers

• User2148 posted

can you post an image about what you have to do, thanks

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 10, 2017 10:50 AM
  • User350 posted

As Alessandro says, in order to help you, we need to know which technology you are using for your UI. The solution will be different depending on whether you are using Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin.Android or Xamarin.IOS.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:23 AM

All replies

• User2148 posted

can you post an image about what you have to do, thanks

Monday, April 10, 2017 10:50 AM
  • User303955 posted

@AlessandroCaliaro said: can you post an image about what you have to do, thanks

@AlessandroCaliaro said: can you post an image about what you have to do, thanks

I have to put this image behind the buttons. Right now it is on top of the buttons

Monday, April 10, 2017 12:11 PM
  • User2148 posted

which layout are you using? If you use a "Grid" you can add you image to the grid and set Columns Spans...

Monday, April 10, 2017 12:15 PM
  • User303955 posted

@AlessandroCaliaro said: which layout are you using? If you use a "Grid" you can add you image to the grid and set Columns Spans...

i am not quiet sure what u mean by the lay out. All i did was drag the image View from the tool box. But want to get that behind everything else. So it is a background not a frontground

Monday, April 10, 2017 12:16 PM
  • User2148 posted

What are you using for your App? Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Forms...

Monday, April 10, 2017 12:19 PM
  • User303955 posted

@AlessandroCaliaro said: What are you using for your App? Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Forms...

I am making a calculator, the background image are some customized grid line which i made in illustrator adobe converted into a png file and then inset it in the calculator. That i could do, but dew to the fact that the numbers were added before the background, the numbers go behind the background so you are not able to see the numbers. i want the numbers infront of the background

Monday, April 10, 2017 12:21 PM
  • User350 posted

As Alessandro says, in order to help you, we need to know which technology you are using for your UI. The solution will be different depending on whether you are using Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin.Android or Xamarin.IOS.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:23 AM