Windows SDK 7.1 : Sample Multimedia windows media format : AudioPlayer example RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Community,

In order to read wma (with DRM also) I used the sample Audio Player available into the WINDOWS SDK 7.1

I compiled it using Visual Studio 2010 W7 and I am able to play audio files without any trouble.

On the other hand I was surprise to see that the memory was growing-up fastly as the music was playing (clearly a memory leak)

As I was suspicious I also compile it in release mod and launch it withour the visual studio debug environment but the result was the same.

After a few search I think the buffer passing through the "onSample" CALLBACK is probably not de-allocate properly (the leak only occurs on playback so as there are not that much operation going on it should be in the OnSample CALLBACK)

Does anyone had the same problem ? 

Thanks for your help

• Moved by Helen Zhao Monday, April 9, 2012 5:47 AM (From:Visual C++ General)
    Friday, April 6, 2012 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hi T4SH,

According to your description, I'd like to move this thread to "Media Foundation Development for Windows Desktop Forum" for better support.

Thanks for your understanding and active participation in the MSDN Forum.
    Best regards,

Helen Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, April 9, 2012 5:46 AM