none
Office 2016 Issues after Win10 Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Marcos in Powerpoint as well as saving files in Excel as HTML files as part of my job. However, these two features have both been disabled when my PC was upgraded to Window 10. How can I re-enable?
    Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hi JB310,

Thanks for visiting our forum. Our forum focuses on Microsoft Teams, which is the hub for team collaboration in Office 365.

Based on your description, this problem seems related to development, I will move this case to MSDN forum(https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=officegeneral ). Hope you get better response.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 16, 2020 1:37 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

The question is in reference to Microsoft Office 2016 not Office 365.

I have been using Macros in Powerpoint as well as saving files in Excel as HTML files as part of my job. However, these two features have both been disabled when my PC was upgraded to Window 10. How can I re-enable?

Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:46 AM
  • I suggest you to perform the uninstall Office 2016 with the Microsoft tool and then perform the procedures for manual uninstall, it was also recommended to delete all Office activation keys through the CMD are install on the PC. Please, follow up the steps below::

1. Uninstall Office from a PC computer:
    https://support.office.com/es-es/article/desins...

2. Uninstall Office manually:
    https://support.office.com/es-es/article/desins...

3. Next, you must run the following commands in CMD to disable previous versions of Office installed on your computer:

Run the following commands, look for the System Symbols program (Command Prompt) and right click and open as Administrator.

Search the full path to find out which folder Office is installed on.
    CD .. Until you get to directory C:

cd "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Office \ Office16" or cd "C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ Office16"

Then, execute the following commands
    cscript ospp.vbs / dstatus
    script ospp.vbs / rearm

Observe the result and copy the KEY which is 5 digits and paste them in the next command.

cscript ospp.vbs / unpkey: GVGXT

After removing all the keys, run the following command for activation.
    cscript ospp.vbs / act

4. Remove all Microsoft Office16 / 15 credentials in Control Panel >> Credentials Manager >> Windows Credentials >> then remove all the Microsoft Office credential.

5. Restart the computer, and then log in to the user's Office 365 Portal and perform the Office 2016 installation again from the Office 365 Portal.

Please let me know if this helped and works.
    Saturday, May 2, 2020 11:57 AM
  • Hello,

I could not perform these steps since we do not have office 365 on the machines.  I appreciate the information.

Friday, May 8, 2020 5:30 PM