none
what about publisher file format?

Question

• could someone please publish the format specifications for publisher binary and OpenXML formats?

and also help me understand if the OpenXML format is zipped or not.

I would also like to know that there is permission to use the format.  I think there is.  but nobody has published the format specification yet.  Please do.
    Jim Michaels
    Monday, September 21, 2009 11:06 PM

Answers

• Hello Jim,

Thank you for your patience.  Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any plans to document the Publisher *.PUB file format.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

• Marked as answer by Chris Mullaney Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:54 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:49 PM

All replies

• OpenXML format is published as ECMA-376 standard and documentation is available from ECMA site . Normal files are zipped files, containing XML files with actual content and meta-information, together with other objects.  Encrypted files are OLE2-based (see MS-CFB doc), containing containers with encrypted data
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:18 AM
  • Hello Jim,

As Alex points out the Office Open XML specification is a published public specification.  However, regarding your second question for the Publisher Binary file format we will research that and respond asap.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 2:03 PM
  • Hello Jim,

Thank you for your patience.  Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any plans to document the Publisher *.PUB file format.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

• Marked as answer by Chris Mullaney Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:54 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:49 PM