Create user wizard form RRS feed

• Question

• User599474914 posted
    I am having a problem with the member details validating on the second step of the form. The fields first and last name have validation controls but a user still is able to finish the form without entering data in these fields. I am using the club 2.0 Rc1 release. Does anyone have any insight as to why this is occuring? Strangly it odes work locally but not on the server. Another odd occurance is if the first and last names fields have a validation group assigned the form does not work locally or on the server. If I remove the validaton group it work locally but not on the server. Thanks for your help.
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 11:24 AM

All replies

• User-1563988197 posted

Have you changed it? I would just put the original register.aspx file from the kit. Also, is your default "step" set to 0 (ie step 1)? This step needs to occur first so that the use is added and then their membership id is tacked in with their first name, last name, etc.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 4:15 PM
  • User599474914 posted

It would not validate right from the start, however with the code given to me by the guys on the codeplex club site I added a memnum field to the form and the database with success. I can get it to validate locally but not on the server. I am aware of the wizard steps and setting it to 1, the 2nd step contains the member details and won't validate before it completes.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 4:31 PM
  • User599474914 posted
    Actually when I leave it on step 2 and test it locally the validation works. If I set it on step 1 and test it, the form completes without the validation.
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 4:48 PM
  • User599474914 posted
    Just to be sure, I checked the original register.aspx from the kit, tested it locally and it also completes the wizard without the validation working on the 3nd step.
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 5:15 PM