Master / Detail within the one grid or treeview from separate XML files RRS feed

• Question

• I wish to display master / detail data in the one grid or treeview with expand / collapse rows (rather than a grid and a separate data form below - as there will be a separate data entry section for the detail rows). I am using sample XML files as my data sources except the master data is from one XML output and the detail data from another. Can I merge these together to display the detail in the expandable rows in a Sketchflow project without any manual coding? Is this even possible? If so, any clues?

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:25 AM

All replies

• I'll take silence as no then! ;-)
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:15 AM
  • I also wish to do this - can anyone else help or advise?

We want to have a 'table' view with data in rows and using some kind of expander control, make the detail appear directly underneath. I.e. 'push' the rows down the page dynamically.

Is this possible?

Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:46 PM
  • I ended up just merging the data into one XML file (with the detail data inside the header data node obviously) and using a TreeView with a HierarchicalDataTemplate that I had customised to display the fields and format that I desired.

It did mean manually modifying the XML data I had but since I only required limited data (this was a SketchFlow prototype) this was the easiest way for me.

Probably doesn't help you too much sorry.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:36 PM
  • yes, Merging the XML into one is an option for that issue.

The other way is setup multi-binding on the treeview, which also require to write a covertor for that, have to do some coding work.

Thanks, Harry [MSFT]
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 12:21 AM