GridView/ListView item not displayed while dragging inside popup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

in my app I use a custom popup to simulate a modal dialog; inside the popup I have a GridView where I can reorder items but when I start dragging an item, the item is not displayed.
    It seems that the problem is present only when GridView/ListView is placed inside a popup/flyout control.

Here you can find a sample app that reproduce the problem:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9254CCAFCE7EE400!7638&authkey=!AKIi_rZD7JLJjh8&ithint=file%2c.zip

When the GridView is placed in the page, the item is displayed while it's dragged.
    When the GridView is placed inside a flyout (or a popup), the item is not displayed while it's dragged.

Is this a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:27 AM

Answers

• I spoke with the PM about this, it's a bug inside the popup control.  I don't have any work around other than don't use drag/drop.  Either that, or write your own control for now.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:32 PM

All replies

• I'm working on the same issue with SettingsFlyout right now.  It's likely because the z-index of the popup is deliberately set to the highest value possible so that it is visible over all other components.  Unfortunately, this causes problems with the ListViewItems being dragged as the popup is over those as well.  It may be by-design, but it's definitely a bad experience in any case.  I'll let you know what I figure out.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, January 13, 2014 3:10 PM
  • I spoke with the PM about this, it's a bug inside the popup control.  I don't have any work around other than don't use drag/drop.  Either that, or write your own control for now.

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:32 PM