Problem to install apps on sd card RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have the same problem, I have a Nokia Lumia 620, have updated to Windows phone 8.1 and bought a 64Go sd card in order to install apps on it.

But after installing some apps, I got error messages (like "82ad0003" or "80670004") for apps. And sometimes my phone freeze. I tried to hard reset and format the card but still have the problem. I also have problem to install big apps (like asphalt 8 or six guns), even if I download the App manually on my computer and install it on my phone. The installation looks to never end and sometimes the phone freeze when I try to cancel it.

It is like if there was a limit of apps that can be install.

Can You help me?

Thank You

Monday, May 5, 2014 12:30 PM

All replies

• Hello Nokia4ever:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having installing apps.  It sounds like several things could be the cause of this from the SD card, to your connection, to your phone itself.  With that said, I have a couple things I would like you to try so we can do our best to eliminate a cause.

The primary thing I would like to see you try is to remove the SD card from the phone, please follow the safe removal steps here.  Once the card is removed, connect your phone to WiFi and attempt to download and install these large games you are having issues with.  I understand you might not want these on the phone due to the storage they take up but this is something we want to do to ensure your connection is not the cause of the freezing and always pending installs.

Another thing that might be worth trying is to use another SD card.  I might suggest you try one that is not quite so large.  If you can get your hands on another Windows Phone you might want to try adding your SD card here.  Especially if you can try this on a 920, 1020 or 1520.  I have seen some reports of issues similar to yours when using phones that have lower RAM specs.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Sunday, May 11, 2014 2:05 AM