how retrive values from one page to another page inside iframe RRS feed

• Question

• User94893061 posted

Hii

i need to pass values from one page to second page.(my second page is within iframe)...what should i do pass values from 1st page to a second page which is in iframe...

1)how to pass those values and how to get those values....please kindly help..thanks in advance..

Saturday, October 20, 2012 5:35 AM

Answers

• User71929859 posted

Hello,

2)do session variable works inside an page within an iframe.....?

Of course it does. Iframe is just a frame to include your webpage. As long as the web pages runs under the same session, session varibales will be available no matter how you display the webpage. But remember that webpage inside the iframe should be with the same context as the parent webpage. Otherwise it won't work.

If the webpage inside the iframe is running in a different domain, then you have to store the values in a database first and then access that DB and get the value from there from the webpage inside the iframe.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:07 AM

All replies

• User-691245060 posted

1)how to pass those values and how to get those values....please kindly help..thanks in advance..

http://www.intstrings.com/ramivemula/articles/data-transfer-between-two-asp-net-pages/ 

from iframe, probably querystring would work to post some data to other page..

Thanks,

Saturday, October 20, 2012 5:38 AM
  • User-179079940 posted

using querystring to past data

src="demo.aspx?id=1"

Saturday, October 20, 2012 5:40 AM
  • User94893061 posted

sir how to pass the value from cs file(hrmanagement.aspx.cs)..to another page..(demot.aspx)the page within iframe..........i don't know how to pass values from querystring..

Saturday, October 20, 2012 6:13 AM
  • User94893061 posted

using querystring to past data

src="demo.aspx?id=1"

sir how to pass the value from cs file(hrmanagement.aspx.cs)..to another page..(demot.aspx)the page within iframe..........i don't know how to pass values from querystring..

Saturday, October 20, 2012 6:14 AM
  • User94893061 posted

Rounak Rana

http://www.intstrings.com/ramivemula/articles/data-transfer-between-two-asp-net-pages/ 

from iframe, probably querystring would work to post some data to other page..

Thanks,

sir as u told to use querystring but sir i m not using response.redirect...i need to pass the dropdownlist selected value from cs file to another page..within the iframe........

Saturday, October 20, 2012 6:43 AM
  • User738333362 posted

use the session variable to preserve the data. Or else get the previous page by making view state true.

Thanks.

Saturday, October 20, 2012 6:52 AM
  • User94893061 posted

use the session variable to preserve the data. Or else get the previous page by making view state true.

Thanks.

can u elloborate in more detaill...........sirhow can i do it....

Saturday, October 20, 2012 7:22 AM
  • User-179079940 posted

response.redirect("demo.aspx?id="+dropdownlist.selectedvalue);

Saturday, October 20, 2012 7:27 AM
  • User-1577790784 posted

either use session variable like session["id"] = value

Or

user query string response.redirect(abc.aspx?id=value)

Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:30 PM
  • User82750387 posted

You can use response.redirect in Page1, add the dropdownlist value to query string & reteive it in Page2 like this...

In Page1

string ddlValue = dropdownlist.Selectedvalue;

response.redirect("Page2.aspx?id="+ddlvalue);

In Page2 - Page load

if(PreviousPage == null)

{
    string ddlvalue= Request.QueryString["ddlvalue"];
    if (ddlvalue != null)
    lblTest.Text = "REDIRECT: " + ddlvalue;

}

Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:38 PM
  • User94893061 posted

You can use response.redirect in Page1, add the dropdownlist value to query string & reteive it in Page2 like this...

In Page1

string ddlValue = dropdownlist.Selectedvalue;

response.redirect("Page2.aspx?id="+ddlvalue);

In Page2 - Page load

if(PreviousPage == null)

{
    string ddlvalue= Request.QueryString["ddlvalue"];
    if (ddlvalue != null)
    lblTest.Text = "REDIRECT: " + ddlvalue;

}

madam i need to ask u one question..

1) response.redirect will redirect me to next page,,,..i don'nt want to redirect to next page...i just want to store dropdownlist value in one variable and can use that variable in any page...without redirecting to another page..

please i f u can help me in this case,,,,,,,,,resonse.redirect doesn't work for me..........thanks in advance

Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:40 AM
  • User94893061 posted

response.redirect("demo.aspx?id="+dropdownlist.selectedvalue);

sir i need to ask u one question..

1) response.redirect will redirect me to next page,,,..i don'nt want to redirect to next page...i just want to store dropdownlist value in one variable and can use that variable in any page...without redirecting to another page..

please i f u can help me in this case,,,,,,,,,resonse.redirect doesn't work for me..........thanks in advance

Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:43 AM
  • User71929859 posted

Hello,

Of course it does. Iframe is just a frame to include your webpage. As long as the web pages runs under the same session, session varibales will be available no matter how you display the webpage. But remember that webpage inside the iframe should be with the same context as the parent webpage. Otherwise it won't work.

If the webpage inside the iframe is running in a different domain, then you have to store the values in a database first and then access that DB and get the value from there from the webpage inside the iframe.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:07 AM
  • User-414649453 posted

Hi,

1. You can use Sessionvariable which can be retrieved from any pages of the application.

in page 1

Session["id"] ="1002"

in page 2

string s

s = Session["id"]

2. can use Querystring

Response.Redirect("Page2.aspx?id=" txtbox1.value)

Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:23 AM
  • User645986692 posted

To pass value from one  page to another when doing Cross-Page Posting:

Using QueryString

Ex:   

SourcePage.aspx
          <asp:Label ID="lblName" runat="server" Text="Name" />
          <asp:TextBox ID="txtName" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
          <asp:Label ID="lblEmailId" runat="server" Text="EmailId:" />
          <asp:TextBox ID="txtEmailId" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
          <asp:Button ID="btnSubmit" runat="server" Text="Submit Data to Another Page" onclick="btnSubmit_Click />

SourcePage.aspx.cs
     protected void btnSubmit_Click(object sender,EventArgs e)
    { 
     string TargetUrl="TargetPage.aspx?"; 
     TargetUrl=TargetUrl + "NameVar" + "=" + txtName.text  + "EmailAddressVar" +"=" + txtEmailId.text;
           //TargetUrl will appear at Address bar of Browser showing the NameVar=SomeValue and EmailAddressVar=someValue when Submit button is clicked.QueryString carries the value from one page to another page
     Response.Redirect(TargetUrl);
    }
    TargetPage.aspx
          <asp:Label ID="lblName" runat="server" Text="Your Name is: " />
          <asp:TextBox ID="txtYourName" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> //This TextBox will receive value from SourcePage's txtName via  Query variable NameVar
          <asp:Label ID="lblEmailId" runat="server" Text="Your EmailAdd is: " />
          <asp:TextBox ID="txtYourEmailId" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> //This TextBox will receive value from SourcePage's txtEmailId viaQuery variable NameVar
    TargetPage.aspx.cs

Protected Void Page_Load()
    {
     txtYourName.Text=Request.QueryString("NameVar").ToString(); 
     txtYourEmailId.Text=Request.QueryString("EmailAddressVar").ToString();
    }

Please click on Mark as Answer if this helped you.

Thanking You.....

SauravKumar

Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:22 AM