none
How to put Azure blob Storage service off-line

Question

• I am doing a migration and like to make sure Azure Storage service is off-line to make sure no content is pointing to this account before deleting exiting Storage account. 

Please help.

Monday, August 11, 2014 5:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Adding to Darin's reply above, you can change the access level of the blob container to "No public read access", so that Container and blob data can be read by the account owner only.

You may refer the following like to set the Container ACL : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dd179391.aspx

Regards,

Manu Rekhar

Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:11 AM
  • you could just download a storage explorer and make the container as private by selecting it.

Example, if you use Azure storage explorer. Just select the container and click on security under blob and then select private under container access.

Friday, October 17, 2014 9:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, this is not support now.

If you met the issue such as "Storage account **************** has 1 container(s) which have an active image and/or disk artifacts." when delete azure storage, please go to Virtual Machines -> “Disks” or “Images” tab -> select the images/disks that you have located in the Storage Account you want to delete -> then hit the “Delete disk” or “delete image” command. Back these up if you need before hitting the delete.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 11, 2014 7:20 AM
  • How do I block content access to WWW. such as this link

https://sagprodmedia.blob.core.windows.net/blob-prod/LifeAchievementStatue_final.jpg

Monday, August 11, 2014 3:19 PM
  • You could change the security on the blob container to be private.  Unless you're using shared access signatures or something like that.

Another way may be to modify your hosts file on your test server to point that particular Azure blob hostname to an internal IP address instead of letting it go to DNS for an IP resolution.

Darin R.

Monday, August 11, 2014 11:55 PM
  • Thanks, Darin 

I like your idea for the host file.

How and what do you change on blob container to set it private? , if I put .htaccess file there to block all the content would it work?

Friday, August 15, 2014 6:45 PM
  • Hi,

Adding to Darin's reply above, you can change the access level of the blob container to "No public read access", so that Container and blob data can be read by the account owner only.

You may refer the following like to set the Container ACL : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dd179391.aspx

Regards,

Manu Rekhar

Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:11 AM
  • you could just download a storage explorer and make the container as private by selecting it.

Example, if you use Azure storage explorer. Just select the container and click on security under blob and then select private under container access.

Friday, October 17, 2014 9:53 AM