none
Code to create a camera Projector

General discussion

• Hey, does anyone know how to create a piece of code that when executed will display a hologram image like from a classroom overhead projector. I want to create something with it, but can't seem to google any results. Any help, even if just a starting point would be appreciated.
    Monday, February 20, 2017 2:44 AM

All replies

• ... will display a hologram image like from a classroom overhead projector. ...

Hi,

display a hologram, or display a 2d image of a hologram? display it where?

Regards,

Thorsten

Monday, February 20, 2017 4:49 AM
  • You know what an overhead projector is? Like that. I want to know how to create the code that would essentially create a projected image like a tv image.
    Monday, February 20, 2017 3:45 PM
  • You know what an overhead projector is? Like that. I want to know how to create the code that would essentially create a projected image like a tv image.

Still dont understand what you want to achieve. If you want to do a perspective transform on an image, do so with an appropriate matrix and the use of homogeneous coordinates, then map the results to euclidean coordinates by dividing "x" and "y" by the "z" coordinate...

If you want to compute the matrix values, set at least 4 matching points and see eg.:

https://www.cis.rit.edu/class/simg782/lectures/lecture_02/lec782_05_02.pdf

for the equations. If this is what you want the code for, I could set up an example tomorrow or so.

Regards,

Thorsten

Monday, February 20, 2017 9:42 PM
  • Ok, I'm going to put this in even more baby terms. An overhead projector is those machines in the classroom that when turned on use a light bulb to shine out light and cast an image from your computer or TV to a screen on the wall. It is a projected image onto a flat surface. I want to know how you would create such a device that would project the image and then stop at a certain distance.
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:04 PM