Git induced mayhem......Which version of Entity Framework do you want to use? RRS feed

• Question

• User379720387 posted

Answer: same as yesterday of course.

I have two users as members of a Git repo. One user is the developer, the other user is the tester. The tester can only read from Git.

The tester had a working environment 24 hours ago.

We do a pull from the repo and attempt to update the EF model from the database.and now we an error message on the screen where we normally put a check in the tables checkbox.

Which version of EF do you want to use? (there is a greyed out radio button visible with "Entity Framework 6.x"

Your project references the latest version of Entity Framework, however, an Entity Framework database provider compatible with this version could not be found for you data connection.

If you have already installed a compatible provider, ensure you have rebuilt your project before performing this action.

Otherwise, exit this wizard, install a compatible provider, and rebuild your project.

Apparently somewhere along the lines this got hosed up.  How do I fix this?

Nuget update does not indicate I need to update anything.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 5:35 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Which database are you using? The db engine has been updated? From the error message my understanding would be rather that the underlying database provider is now different.  Maybe a 32 bit vs 64 bit issue if it is provided as a DLL.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:25 PM
  • User379720387 posted

I am using SQL Compact Edition.

I have deleted all of EF items in App_Code,

uninstalled EF

uinstalled EF.SqlServerCompact

re-installed everything again recreated the Model and I am getting the same error message and the same point.

I.e. the issue is not with EF but with something in my configuration.

Where would that configuration be?

Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:56 PM
  • User-832373396 posted

Hi wavemaster,

I find a solution that the error is similar with yours.

Here is his solution:

1:

Install-Package EntityFramework -Version 6.0.0
    Install-Package EntityFramework.zh-Hans -Version 6.0.0
    Install-Package MySql.Data.Entity.EF6

2: add the node at .config file

<providers>

<provider invariantName="System.Data.SqlClient" type="System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices, EntityFramework.SqlServer" />
    <provider invariantName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" type="MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlProviderServices, MySql.Data.Entity.EF6"></provider>
    </providers>

3: Rebuild the project .

4: Success

Best regards,

Jolie

Monday, February 27, 2017 9:19 AM
  • User1853794821 posted

Looks like your bin refreshes are not refreshing from the correct folder

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:03 AM