WebAPI V1 4.0.30506 incorrect on Nuget? Really Version 4.0.20918 RRS feed

Answers

• User36583972 posted

Hi mpisano,

You can try the following way to check your Web API version is correct for your Application.

Open your solution, expand the webapi solution, then open the packages.config file that holds the nuget config for what you have installed.

You can see some web api version message in the below.

<package id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi" version="5.2.3" targetFramework="net452" />

Downloading the 4.0.3 package and looking at the properties of the Dll's in the lib folder shows versions of 4.0.20918 which is from the prior release.

As long as your program is working properly, you do not need to worry about the other. The Dll version difference is within the team setting. You do not need to think too much.

Anybody know how to get the DLL's or build them from source?

At present, I did not find the relevant information.

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 29, 2016 4:54 AM

All replies

• User36583972 posted

Hi mpisano,

You can try the following way to check your Web API version is correct for your Application.

Open your solution, expand the webapi solution, then open the packages.config file that holds the nuget config for what you have installed.

You can see some web api version message in the below.

<package id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi" version="5.2.3" targetFramework="net452" />

Downloading the 4.0.3 package and looking at the properties of the Dll's in the lib folder shows versions of 4.0.20918 which is from the prior release.

As long as your program is working properly, you do not need to worry about the other. The Dll version difference is within the team setting. You do not need to think too much.

Anybody know how to get the DLL's or build them from source?

At present, I did not find the relevant information.

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 29, 2016 4:54 AM
  • User-1251629062 posted

Yohann,

Thanks for the Reply, Yes, the pagackages is showing 4.0.3 and it the Directory name also contains 4.0.3.

My issue is the DLL versions inside the package are not. They are byte-for-byte identical to the 4.0.2 release from almost a year prior.

There were some minor changes to some of the nuget specific XML files, which might explain the version bump? Just seems strange that there were no other releases prior to v2.

Also - Was the V1 (4.0.3) open sourced?

Thanks Again,

Mike Pisano

Monday, August 29, 2016 11:36 AM
  • User36583972 posted

Hi  mpisano,

My issue is the DLL versions inside the package are not. They are byte-for-byte identical to the 4.0.2 release from almost a year prior.

I think that the published information should be accurate (functioning normally).

Also - Was the V1 (4.0.3) open sourced?

I did not find any relevant information about V1 (4.0.3) open source.

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

Friday, September 2, 2016 1:26 PM