Blend for Visual Studio RC & WPF RRS feed

• Question

• I can't get the designer surface to show up when I open a Window or UserControl in Blend for Visual Studio 2012 RC. The projects I've tried are WPF applications.  I've tried with .net 4 Client Profile and .net 4.5 Profile in both x86 and "Any CPU" configurations in debug mode.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the designer to function?

Thanks,

Paul

Friday, June 1, 2012 1:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Blend for Visual Studio 2012 RC does not support WPF or Silverlight projects. The supported project types are visible in the New Project dialog.
    Friday, June 1, 2012 3:21 PM
  • That's what I was afraid of, but wanted to double check since the Beta version worked with WPF projects when I had all the settings configured correctly.  Is this just a RC restriction that will be fixed/lifted when Blend is RTM'ed?  Or is WPF no longer supported in Blend?  Or is this something that can't be talked about yet?

Thanks,

Paul

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:36 PM
  • We can only talk about things that have already been publicly released. Sorry!
    Friday, June 1, 2012 3:38 PM
  • Fair enough, with all the MS websites and blogs I'm not sure where to go to find official information like this so just wanted to know if this was public knowledge or not.  Or if there was a workaround of something I was missing.

I'll keep an eye out when Blend goes RTM.

Thanks,

Paul

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:44 PM
  • One final question:  Are there release notes for Blend RC?  Or a good place of documentation about the RC release?  From most MS websites it's almost like Blend doesn't exist.
    Friday, June 1, 2012 3:51 PM
  • Here's the MSDN page for the Visual Studio 2012 RC (Blend is a part of that release): http://msdn.microsoft.com/query/dev11.query?appId=Dev11IDEF1&l=en-US&k=k(MSDNSTART)&rd=true

If you're curious about new features, some of those get discussed at http://blendinsider.com/

Hope that gives you at least a little info. I'll update if I find better information anywhere.

Friday, June 1, 2012 5:24 PM
  • Wow. I sure hope they add support back in for WPF and Silverlight. It will be pretty cheesy if they don't.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 2:24 AM
  • my company just switched to windows 7. I thought it was a good time to jump in.

I installed the 2012 RC and blend tells me i have to update to some other software that is windows 8.

Even if windows 8 is wonderful, it took companies 5 years to switch from XP which had severe limitation (like memory)

So, your dev tools are locked out...... into something that has no user base, and probably wont have any in the foreseable future ?

I must be missing something here..

Saturday, August 4, 2012 6:47 PM