sql server reporting services + export to excel + embedded images RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i got a problem when exporting to excel in ssrs 2008.

i use embedded image in the report. but when i export the report to excel, image is being exported but its width is being changed to size 0 .

but when i click on it and expand it explicitly in excel it is being expanded .

how to make the image by default to its actual width?

how to fix this problem ?

Monday, July 11, 2011 2:31 PM

Answers

• Hi sudeep Puvvadi,

Based on the information posted, I have a test with SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 (SSRS2008) and Microsoft Excel 2010 by the following steps:

1. From the Toolbox window, drag the image to the top edge of the design surface.
    2. In the image Properties dialog box, select Embedded from the Select The Image Source drop-down list.
    3. Click import, and select a BMP file from my local computer.
    4. Right-click the image, select Image Properties. In Size category, select Original size.
    5. Export the report to excel.

When opening the excel file, the image displays with original size rightly. So I suggest you to add an image with the same steps above, then checking whether the image shows correctly. If it still cannot work fine for you, could you please give me a feedback and tell me related settings, so that I can reproduce the scenario exactly and provide further assistance?

Thanks,
    Lola Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Long Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:43 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hi sudeep Puvvadi,

Based on the information posted, I have a test with SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 (SSRS2008) and Microsoft Excel 2010 by the following steps:

1. From the Toolbox window, drag the image to the top edge of the design surface.
    2. In the image Properties dialog box, select Embedded from the Select The Image Source drop-down list.
    3. Click import, and select a BMP file from my local computer.
    4. Right-click the image, select Image Properties. In Size category, select Original size.
    5. Export the report to excel.

When opening the excel file, the image displays with original size rightly. So I suggest you to add an image with the same steps above, then checking whether the image shows correctly. If it still cannot work fine for you, could you please give me a feedback and tell me related settings, so that I can reproduce the scenario exactly and provide further assistance?

Thanks,
    Lola Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Long Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:43 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:58 AM
  • Hi Lola Wang,

How can I make a PDF embedded image append a SSRS 2012 report and send via fax all electronically?  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Friday, April 18, 2014 1:31 PM