Random problem with ControlChannelTrigger RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I have popular app using RealTimeCommunication with ControlChannelTrigger.

Lets say i have this code:

try
    {
        this.channel = new ControlChannelTrigger("RTC", 15, ControlChannelTriggerResourceType.RequestSoftwareSlot);
    }
    catch(Exception e)
    {
        Log(e.ToString());
    }

Generally, its work. But sometimes, for random users at random time, this stopped to work. Exception say "There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper". As i said, problem show up for user at random time, many users using app for 30 or more days, and sometime they launch app and ControlChannelTrigger stoped working. After uninstalling and installing from Store again, all works fine. This error show for about 1 at 1000 users.

Does someone have similar problem before? Is there any solution?

Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:58 PM

All replies

• There's simply not enough information to diagnose this problem. Have you checked the server to see if there's any error on that end?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, May 31, 2013 1:14 PM
  • Matt, i think it cant be server for 2 reasons:

- When it start to happening to user, it appear as long as they reinstall app.

- Does this line of code send anything to server? This function doesnt throw any exception when there is not internet connection, so i think it only locally create socket.

- As i said, its very rare, about 20 on 30000 users. And it showing after some time(in days) of using app. Maybe its some kind of broken app file. I only want to signal that this error can happen.

Saturday, June 1, 2013 4:32 PM
  • Again, not enough information to diagnose the issue.  I think that you're right that it does not send anything to the server.  Endpoint problems can point to a lot of problems, so it's difficult to know exactly what the issue is without better diagnostics.  A good guess would be that there might be port exhaustion going on - if you run "netstat -ano" at a command prompt and see that there are ports assigned that are up in the 65000 range, that's probably the issue.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 12:55 PM