Hub Header question

Question

• I have a hub app and would like to have the header functionality include a user name and picture on the far right. Was trying to achieve this with the <hub.header> and grids. Here is my code. I have two questions, how to I get the third column in the grid to go all the way to the right side of the screen. And, is there anyway to get the Hub Header section to be a bit higher to the top? Really looking for the behavior you see in the new (Windows 10 preview) Store application. Thanks.

<Hub.Header>

<Grid>

<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<ColumnDefinitionWidth="80"/>

<ColumnDefinitionWidth="Auto"/>

<ColumnDefinitionWidth="3*"/>

</Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<Buttonx:Name="backButton"Margin="-1,-1,39,0"Command="{BindingNavigationHelper.GoBackCommand,ElementName=pageRoot}"

Style="{StaticResourceNavigationBackButtonNormalStyle}"

VerticalAlignment="Top"

AutomationProperties.Name="Back"

AutomationProperties.AutomationId="BackButton"

AutomationProperties.ItemType="Navigation Button"/>

<TextBlockx:Name="pageTitle"Text="Dashboard"Grid.Column="1"Style="{StaticResourceHeaderTextBlockStyle}"IsHitTestVisible="false"TextWrapping="NoWrap"VerticalAlignment="Top"/>

<StackPanelOrientation="Vertical"Grid.Column="2"VerticalAlignment="Top"HorizontalAlignment="Right">

<TextBlockText="Fred"Style="{StaticResourceBodyTextBlockStyle}"TextWrapping="NoWrap"/>

<TextBlockText="Flintstone"Style="{StaticResourceBodyTextBlockStyle}"TextWrapping="NoWrap"/>

</StackPanel>

</Grid>

</Hub.Header>

Sunday, February 15, 2015 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Fred,

From your description, I assume you want to custom the size of the Grid control. Just set the height and width property in Grid to see if this meet your requirement.

If I have any misunderstanding, please post more information to make your problem clear.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 16, 2015 7:25 AM