Filtering DVWP by Sum of Calculated Column RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DVWP for a MOSS 2007 list.  The DVWP is grouped by UserID, and has two calculated columns (AmtTot & MinTot). Each of these calculated columns sums two list columns (AmtTot=Amt1+Amt2, and MinTot=Min1+Min2).

The two calculated columns AmtTot and MinTot are both totaled in a footer row.  What I now need to do is filter the list by the value of the footer row totals for these colunns, for each ID.  The filter criteria should be "where (AmtTot>=6000 OR MinTot>=150) AND Date>(Today-180 days)".

I've tried to figure out how to filter using CAML and XSLT filter with no success...

Help with a solution would be greatly appreciated!!

Monday, November 21, 2011 5:07 PM

Answers

• Hi ThomTX,

I’m not clear about how you get the value for the footer row, I have a test in my local server, you can check it to get more information:

1.       Add a row on the Data View Web Part,  for the cell to display AmtTot and MinTot columns totals, set a default value for it first, then right click the cell, choose edit Formula, type the formula like: sum(/dsQueryResponse/Rows/Row/@AmtTot)

2.       In the Common Data View Tasks, choose Filter, add XSLT filtering, if I filter the AmtTot>=average of AmtTot, type the format like:
    [
    (sum(/dsQueryResponse/Rows/Row/@AmtTot)div count(/dsQueryResponse/Rows/Row/@AmtTot)<=@AmtTot)]

if I filter the date field, please try to format the date field first, and try to filter, type the formula like:
    [(number(ddwrt:FormatDateTime(ddwrt:FormatDate(string(@date),1033,5),1033,'yyyyMMdd')>(number(ddwrt:FormatDateTime(ddwrt:FormatDate(string(ddwrt:TodayIso()),1033,5),1033,'yyyyMMdd')-180))]

You may have a try to check whether it works.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:04 AM