none
Added VM images wont show in the Portal RRS feed

• Question

Added VM Images via powershell, and they are not appearing in the Portal

So I have a VHD that I have copied over to a blob container. I used the powershell command Add-AzureVMImage to create an image from that VHD. But that VHD doesn't appear in portal.azure.com

Thanks,

@AzureSupport

Friday, June 3, 2016 8:31 PM

All replies

• Hi, I'm now here, what do I need to do?
    Friday, June 3, 2016 8:35 PM
  • Greetings!

Thank you for posting here!

To clarify, have you copied the vhd to a classic storage account ( Classic portal \V1) or an ARM storage account (Azure Portal \V2)?

Add-AzureVMImage: Adds a new operating system image or a new virtual machine image to the image repository for the Classic portal (V1).

Save-AzureRmVMImage: cmdlet saves a virtual machine as a VMImage for ARM Azure Portal (V2).

To view the image, I would suggest you to navigate to the classic portal and then find the image from “MY IMAGES”.

Regards,
    Ajay

Saturday, June 4, 2016 2:33 PM
  • Hi.  As i said on Twitter...I don't have access to the classic portal on that subscription, it says it is not available.  

The storage container is classic storage, not the new one

Saturday, June 4, 2016 8:42 PM
  • Could I get a reply to this please?
    Monday, June 6, 2016 8:29 PM
  • Greetings!

Thank you for posting here!

Sorry for the delayed response! and thank you for clarifying that it is a classic image.

From the new portal, click on “Browse” and search for “VM images (classic)” you should be able to view the images captured.

Regards,
    Ajay

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:53 PM