none
Biztalk 2016 FTPS connectivity issue with FTPS server by using forward proxy (HTTP ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I am trying to configure BizTalk FTP adapter to communicate with FTPS server using forward proxy (HTTP). This is working fine with Winscp client to communicate with FTPS server. But BizTalk is not able to find the server. I must be missing something.

I am getting this error.

A message sent to adapter "FTP" on send port "“is suspended. 

Error details: Unable to connect to FTP server "" as user "". Inner Exception details: "No FTP server found on the specified.

I did try the using proxy server address in FTP server address and user as FTPUSER@FTPSERVER. But still I am getting the same error.

Monday, March 4, 2019 1:51 PM

Answers

• I am trying to update this threads as I got message by one community member to solve this issue.

If you want to communicate with FTPS with forward proxy. We need to enable the SOCKS4 or 5 proxy on network to resolve this issue.

Socks proxy

Today Socks proxy is the most advanced data transfer protocol. Sometimes mistakenly called Socs, Sox, Soks. This protocol is designed by Dave Koblas.

Socks protocol developed for programs that do not support the use of proxy directly. Standard ports 1080, 1081.

This protocol has gone through many changes and now uses two protocol versions:

• Socks 4 supports only TCP connection
    • Socks 5 supports TCP, UDP, authorization by login and password, and remote DNS-query

Socks is not engaged in moderation HTTP-header. Socks-server will transmit information through itself in its purest form. Therefore, all Socks servers are anonymous.

Socks proxy does not send information about your IP address. The website will not be able to determine the use of proxies. The connection with the website will be totally transparent, as if you were working directly with them. This web site will see the IP address of the proxy and not your real IP address.
    • Marked as answer by Chandra Kumar Monday, August 12, 2019 6:14 PM
    Monday, August 12, 2019 6:12 PM