Distributed Transaction Manager Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have developed a WCF Web Service in .NET 3.5 and I have published it into an IIS 6 server that runs inside a Windows Server 2003 x64.

This Web Service is supposed to interact with a database (Microsoft Sql Server 2008) that is hosted on another computer with Windows Server 2003 server using Distributed Transactions.

However when I ran my caller program I got the error: Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed.

I have already search the web for this error, and everyone says that I should configure the security parameters on the Component Services application. I have used this application to allow inbound and outbound connections as well as disregard any authentications, but I am still getting the same error.

Also, I have disabled the Windows Firewall of both machines, but the result is still the same.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
    Komyg

• Moved by Alan_chen Thursday, October 7, 2010 3:47 AM webservice (From:Visual C# General)
    • Moved by John Saunders Thursday, October 7, 2010 10:18 AM WCF Question (From:ASMX Web Services and XML Serialization)
    Monday, October 4, 2010 6:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried to reset/ reinstall the MSDTC service?

Some time service is in corrupted mode and it throws exception,

you can try msdtc -uninstall and install again using msdtc -install in command prompt.

Regards, Nakul
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to reset/ reinstall the MSDTC service?

Some time service is in corrupted mode and it throws exception,

you can try msdtc -uninstall and install again using msdtc -install in command prompt.

Regards, Nakul
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 10:55 AM
  • how to filter apostrophe using VB2008

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:14 AM