none
Not showing the correct screenshot image for an embedded object RRS feed

Answers

  • Hi Dave, 

    sorry for the delay in responding. I was able to identify a few issues with your embed_duplicate_image.xlsx generated file. 

    All of the problems were in the xl\drawings\drawing1.xml part:

    1. 

                <xdr:cNvPr id="1025" name="Object 1" hidden="1">
    


    and 

                <xdr:cNvPr id="1026" name="Object 1" hidden="1">
    

    The problem in these two lines was the hidden="1" attribute. This was causing Excel not to "find" the shape it needed to associate with the presentation cache for the oleObject's. Remove the hidden="1" attribute.

    2. 

                <xdr:cNvPr id="1026" name="Object 2">

    Another problem in that same line was the name attribute. Your generated file used the same name for both drawing shapes. I changed the second one to "Object 2" and left the first one as "Object 1".

    3. 

                      <a14:compatExt spid="_x0000_s1026"/>

    In the second shape with id="1026", the above line had the same spid as the first shape. I changed this from spid="_x0000_s1025" to spid="_x0000_s1026". 

    4. 

                      <a16:creationId xmlns:a16="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/drawing/2014/main" id="{00000000-0008-0000-0100-000002040000}"/>

    Again, in the second shape, your generated file had used the same creationId as in the first shape. I changed the second shape's id="{00000000-0008-0000-0100-000001040000}" to id="{00000000-0008-0000-0100-000002040000}". 

    With these changes, Excel seems to be happy.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    Saturday, March 23, 2019 12:35 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hello David,
    Thank you for your inquiry. One of the Open specifications team member will contact you shortly to assist you with this issue.

    Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open Specifications

    Thursday, March 7, 2019 8:07 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Dave, 

    It looks like this is really the same question as: 

    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3e409c03-1e82-4e20-9dd7-54cabee64e96/shows-the-wrong-screenshot-for-one-object?forum=os_binaryfile

    Just using some new example files. Let's consolidate and just discuss in this one thread here. 

    I'm wondering how the example files you provided were generated. Were they generated using Excel or some other software? 

    Tom

    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:30 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Tom;

    They were generated with our program (Windward). I'm trying to find out what I need to do differently so Excel is happy with the file.

    thanks - dave


    What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:41 AM
  • Hi Dave, 

    sorry for the delay in responding. I was able to identify a few issues with your embed_duplicate_image.xlsx generated file. 

    All of the problems were in the xl\drawings\drawing1.xml part:

    1. 

                <xdr:cNvPr id="1025" name="Object 1" hidden="1">
    


    and 

                <xdr:cNvPr id="1026" name="Object 1" hidden="1">
    

    The problem in these two lines was the hidden="1" attribute. This was causing Excel not to "find" the shape it needed to associate with the presentation cache for the oleObject's. Remove the hidden="1" attribute.

    2. 

                <xdr:cNvPr id="1026" name="Object 2">

    Another problem in that same line was the name attribute. Your generated file used the same name for both drawing shapes. I changed the second one to "Object 2" and left the first one as "Object 1".

    3. 

                      <a14:compatExt spid="_x0000_s1026"/>

    In the second shape with id="1026", the above line had the same spid as the first shape. I changed this from spid="_x0000_s1025" to spid="_x0000_s1026". 

    4. 

                      <a16:creationId xmlns:a16="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/drawing/2014/main" id="{00000000-0008-0000-0100-000002040000}"/>

    Again, in the second shape, your generated file had used the same creationId as in the first shape. I changed the second shape's id="{00000000-0008-0000-0100-000001040000}" to id="{00000000-0008-0000-0100-000002040000}". 

    With these changes, Excel seems to be happy.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    Saturday, March 23, 2019 12:35 AM
    Moderator
  • Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:46 PM