GPIO on Minnowboard Max RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. If I got a Minnowboard Max with 8.1, how would I access the GPIO and program some character LCD or servo? Visual Studio?

API's needed?

David98xp

Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:21 AM

Answers

• The short answer is, "using the same APIs that are used on Arduino". Lots of samples here: https://ms-iot.github.io/content/SampleApps.htm including talking to an LCD and accessing the GPIO pins

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

• Marked as answer by Brian Catlin Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:46 PM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:46 PM

All replies

• The short answer is, "using the same APIs that are used on Arduino". Lots of samples here: https://ms-iot.github.io/content/SampleApps.htm including talking to an LCD and accessing the GPIO pins

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

• Marked as answer by Brian Catlin Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:46 PM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:46 PM
  • correction: the ms-iot.github.io/content is currently only targets the Windows Developer Program for IoT and the Intel Galileo boards. Minnow Board max is not supported at this time.
    Monday, March 2, 2015 9:10 PM
  • MinnowBoard Max is certainly supported by Win8 and the Win8 GPIO driver. Yes, the IoT samples are more targeted for the Galileo, but if you look at the Windows Driver Kit samples, you'll find generic Win8 driver samples including GPIO. Also the Win32 APIs for accessing the GPIO driver will work as on any Win8 system.

-Brian

Monday, March 2, 2015 9:22 PM
  • Brian,

This sound EXACTLY like what I need but the link points to a page that is "Not Yet Published"  Can you please help me find these Win8 samples?

Steve

Saturday, October 24, 2015 11:09 PM
  • Here is a better link, for both Win8 and Win8.1 driver samples. Most of the Win8.1 samples will work on Win8. Here are the Win10 IoT samples. Sorry about that

-Brian

• Edited by Brian Catlin Saturday, October 24, 2015 11:29 PM Add Win10 IoT
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 11:28 PM