IIS 500 error sometime called web services RRS feed

• Question

• User-665585339 posted

Hi Guys,

I had a web services hosted in IIS, let called ABC.asmx, and i have multiple clients invoke this services.

The service have few methods, method_A(), method_B() etc

Sometime my clients will unable to invoke the services and received error 500 from the web services server, error log as below, is not whole IIS down, and only specific to certain methods, my solution is iisreset, however, is there any permanent solution on that?

My method normally return string example, return "OK', etc

Is the a root cause? I heared should declare variables and assign values, then return variables, instead of return value directly. kindly advice if someone know about it

ex: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
       at System.Collections.ArrayList.Add(Object value)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:55 PM

All replies

• User1519735232 posted

How about a Try ... Catch error handling block so the web services outputs the error?

Thursday, February 6, 2014 2:32 AM
  • User-665585339 posted

Hi Yes thr web service did applied Try Catch, however, if client applications facing index bound array error when invoke the web service, the web service never log any error, as the client applications totally can't access the web service

Sunday, February 9, 2014 1:06 AM