none
Project Server 2010: Copy Project Site from one instance to another RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom Project Site and I want to copy it to another Project Server 2010 instance.  The custom PS has a graphic and a couple chart web parts.  Even when I saved it with the content all I see is the web parts and that is it...  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Friday, August 23, 2013 7:18 PM

All replies

• I think one issue is that the custom Project Site has the Project Details details web part and it fails to display the site at all.
    Friday, August 23, 2013 7:55 PM
  • Yes, each Project Details web part information resides in content database  associated with PWA web application.

As a result if you access the data without associated content database, you will experience the issue, similar to if you provision PWA site in another environment without content database from the source, project schedule wont rendered in PWA.

Hope this helps.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, August 26, 2013 1:37 PM
  • OK. Some further details.  I actually created a template that is not associated with a project and trying to copy that to another instance of Project Server.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:30 PM
  • You mean project site template?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:43 PM