Picking up and dropping the files in to AS2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I am working on an application where I will need to pick up the files and drop the files from an AS2 of the vendor. I have done these using SFTP/FTP but dont know how to do with an AS2. Are there any special adapters that will allow us connecting to the AS2.

Thanks

Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:07 PM

All replies

• The first think you should do is the EDI Tutorials: Tutorials and walkthroughs for EDI, AS2, and EDIFACT

Which include a tutorial on AS2: Tutorial 3: AS2 Tutorial

In practice, there is little difference between using *FTP and Http with AS2.

Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:59 PM
  • Thanks Johns. But we are not doing any EDI processing, I looked at the links before and they are mostly related to the processing of EDI over AS2. But I just want to know if we can pull some non EDI files over AS2, just like we pick up files from SFTP/FTP server
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 5:25 PM
  • Thanks Johns. But we are not doing any EDI processing, I looked at the links before and they are mostly related to the processing of EDI over AS2. But I just want to know if we can pull some non EDI files over AS2, just like we pick up files from SFTP/FTP server

John is correct. Do the tutorial, even if you feel its mostly about EDI. IT will give you the understanding you need for AS2.

It is relatively simple. I've done it before, Trying to remember by memory, you will basically have to configure parties and certs. Again, do the tutorial, it's well worth it, and next time you will be able to answer this question yourself.

My Technet Articles

If you like this or another reply, vote it up!
    If you think this or another reply answers the original question, mark it or propose it as an answer.

Mauricio Feijo
    www.mauriciofeijo.com

Thursday, July 20, 2017 5:51 PM
  • AS2 is just an HTTP or HTTPS port with some flavours
    Run through the tutorials it's well worth the effort

/Peter

Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:08 PM
  • In practice, there is little difference between using *FTP and Http with AS2.

AS2 is not EDI specific and the Tutorial covers AS2...using an EDI example.

So, doing the tutorial will demonstrate AS2 and EDI.

Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:24 PM