Filter on Time of Day RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether netmon 3.3 introduced a way to filter or search on the "Time Of Day" column?

Thank you
    Friday, October 9, 2009 9:28 PM

All replies

• There actually is a way to do this today, however you can't compare to a time/date string.  This is a feature we hope to look at for future versions.

However, in the short term you can use this work around.  By right clicking the Time Of Day Filed, and selecting add to filter you'll get a filter that looks like this:

FrameVariable.TimeOfDay == 128812626822380210

So you can use this to determine the timestamp of the current frame.  You can then change this to > or < if you want to look at a range.  Of course this means you'll have to find a frame first, which I agree isn't ideal.  BTW, this time is just a FILETIME, so you could use a simple program to convert SystemTime to FILETIME.  In fact this would make a simple NM Expert if somebody is interested in trying.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 3:39 PM
  • Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I asked was I wanted to filter on an event time from another program. It would just make life easier.

I look forward to something like that in future versions.

In the meantime, your suggestion for a simple program to convert SystemTime to FILETIME sounds like a great idea.

Monday, October 12, 2009 9:13 PM