none
Excel 2013 Window.Caption doesn't show in window titlebar. Bug? RRS feed

• Question

• I open 3 windows and give each one a unique caption. I test for the 3 captions at the end of the routine. All 3 captions exist as programmed. But only 1 of the 3 open windows displays its caption. The rest just display "Excel" in the window titlebar. Is this a bug in Excel? Or is there something special that has to be done to get this to work?

phillfri

Saturday, May 13, 2017 10:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using VBA?  What you mean by "window" is a "UserForm"?
    Sunday, May 14, 2017 4:04 AM
  • I'm using VBA. By window I mean an "application.window". I am opening 3 windows to a single workbook via VBA code, and displaying a separate worksheet in each window. I am not displaying the worksheet tabs and was hoping instead to display the worksheet.name as the caption to the window the worksheet is being displayed in. The window.caption property of each window is being successfully set to the worksheet.name, but the window.caption is only being displayed on 1 of the 3 windows, e.g. "Matters - Excel". The other two windows just display the application name ("Excel").

phillfri

Sunday, May 14, 2017 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

In advance, sorry, if I misunderstand what you mentioned.

I suppose it's natural one windows shows file name + " - Excel" and other two windows show only "Excel", because the title bar shows application name, not worksheet name.

Could you provide your code that opens 3 windows?
    Monday, May 15, 2017 1:44 AM