none
Set a RSVP to prevent invited people to respond late and screw up my planning, to less food oredered etc. RRS feed

• Question

• As my title describes I am looking for a way to invite people to a meeting where a RSVP is set for people to accept before a given date. If anyone invited does not respond accept/decline/tentative before the date set, accept/decline/tentative will no longer be possible!

What I basically look for is a way to disable the "accept" button when a set date has passed, i.e. 5 days before the actual meeting. If this involve VB scripting or using a plug in, it is fine by me.

Best regards

Per

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:23 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you want to disable the accept button on receiver side or make them unable to send a response after certain date, you need to develop an add-in and force receivers to install. I dont think this makes sense.

For your requirement. i would suggest you create a rule or add-in to mark the response mailitems as read or delete them.

You may create VBScript or add-in to check the mailitem when their response arrive and loop all appointments in your calendar, if it exceed the deadline, make it as read and delete the item.

How to: Programmatically Perform Actions When an E-Mail Message Is Received

How to: Programmatically Move Items in Outlook

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:57 AM