Attempting to send email via Outlook, Outlook will not open, yet not receiving error RRS feed

• Question

• http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bethmassi/archive/2011/01/27/how-to-send-html-email-from-a-lightswitch-application.aspx?CommentPosted=true&PageIndex=2#comments

Using the above link, I put the codes in my project and created the button. However, when clicking on the button, Outlook does not open, and I dont receive an error.  Not sure how to troubleshoot this since I am not getting an error.

I am using Visual Studio 2013 and Outlook 2013 (could that be a problem?)

Also, not sure if it matters, but my homedrive is F: not C:. Im not sure where it looks for Outlook to open it. Though, at this point, im not sure if it looks at all since when I click the button, nothing happens and no error.

• Edited by chuckj11 Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:45 AM addition
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:35 AM

Answers

• Hi

Use the below extension. Hope this may help you to solve your problem

Office Integration Pack

Regards

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi
    www.lightswitchspecial.com

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.
    This will help other users to find their answer quickly.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, December 20, 2013 2:54 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:23 AM

All replies

• Hi

Use the below extension. Hope this may help you to solve your problem

Office Integration Pack

Regards

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi
    www.lightswitchspecial.com

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.
    This will help other users to find their answer quickly.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, December 20, 2013 2:54 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:23 AM
  • I recommend you to use this extension for Lightswitch http://officeintegration.codeplex.com/

Its really simple to send Emails and Appointments with just one line of code:

CreateEmail
    ---------------
    CreateEmail(Address as String, Subject as String, Body as String) as Object

CreateAppointment
    ---------------
    CreateAppointment(Address as String, Subject as String, Body as String, Location as String, StartDateTime as Date, EndDateTime as Date) as Object

Cheers

Monday, December 16, 2013 1:10 PM