RDLC Environment in ASP.net RRS feed

• Question

• User438705957 posted

I realise this is the wrong spot to raise this question, but there appears to be no other on the forum.

I have previously built a couple of Report Definition Language Client Side reports in VS 2013.

I have since migrated to VS 2017 in development, and now need to add all the proper references and versions (15.0.000) of Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms and Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common to the VS 2017 environment, 
    I am following the bouncing ball by downloading NuGet package Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewerControl.WebForms.
    Also installed by default with this package was package Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.
    A folder called \App_Code\SqlServerTypes was installed along with a file called Loader.cs.
    My website then failed to compile because Loader.cs is in C# and a whole bunch of other files under App_Code are in VB.

So I excluded Loader.cs from the website, and the thing compiles.
    The report runs OK, although the paging and print icons look like crap.

Question is, what am I losing by excluding Loader.cs.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:42 AM

Answers

• User665608656 posted

Hi Madog,

When you install Microsoft.SqlServer.Types dll, loader.cs is a part of it, these are integrated contents.

Because if user don't have 'system CLR types for SQL Server' in his computer, it will lead to running errors.

This dll needs to ensure all possible conditions, if you have 'system CLR types for SQL Server' in your computer , you can safely delete loader.cs.

Best Regards,

YongQing.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 9:59 AM

All replies

• User665608656 posted

Hi Madog,

Question is, what am I losing by excluding Loader.cs.

Loader.cs is to load the required native assemblies for the current architecture (x86 or x64)deploy an application that uses spatial data types

If your machine has downloaded 'system CLR types for SQL Server', it will not be affected if you delete loader.cs, otherwise, you should keep loader.cs .

Best Regards,

YongQing.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 6:15 AM
  • User438705957 posted
    Thanks Yongqing,
    Why does the Nugget package insist on installing loader.cs with the report runtimes.
    Friday, December 6, 2019 8:17 AM
  • User665608656 posted

Hi Madog,

When you install Microsoft.SqlServer.Types dll, loader.cs is a part of it, these are integrated contents.

Because if user don't have 'system CLR types for SQL Server' in his computer, it will lead to running errors.

This dll needs to ensure all possible conditions, if you have 'system CLR types for SQL Server' in your computer , you can safely delete loader.cs.

Best Regards,

YongQing.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 9:59 AM