Missing Page Layout template in master page gallery RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to modify the Page Layout within the Page settings.

I want to choose (Welcome Page) Welcome page with web part zones

I am missing this and other Welcome Page options

I need to add templates to my Master Page Gallery.

I can't find this and other templates.

Monday, December 19, 2011 6:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Eric,

Did you mean that the Welcom page template was missing from the Master Page Gallery? You can create another webapplication and site collection with same site template, then copy the required templates and upload to this Master Page Gallery.

Or did you mean that you created new Welcome page with web part zones then you could not find it ? The Welcome page you created should be stored in some Page libarary or document libarary, you need to check which libarary is used to stored the page when you create the new page.

Thanks 

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

To Add to this:

You will get the name of the document library storing your page in the URL itself.

Once you go there you will see the properties of the page and it will enlist the template you are using.

Also in master page gallery are you seeing all templates or any view you have selected?

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

Did you mean that the Welcom page template was missing from the Master Page Gallery? You can create another webapplication and site collection with same site template, then copy the required templates and upload to this Master Page Gallery.

Or did you mean that you created new Welcome page with web part zones then you could not find it ? The Welcome page you created should be stored in some Page libarary or document libarary, you need to check which libarary is used to stored the page when you create the new page.

Thanks 

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

To Add to this:

You will get the name of the document library storing your page in the URL itself.

Once you go there you will see the properties of the page and it will enlist the template you are using.

Also in master page gallery are you seeing all templates or any view you have selected?

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:18 PM
  • Hi, you can upload the templates in master page gallery by upload option and also by feature.

anil, Mark as Answer if it helps..
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:57 AM