Formview Insert RRS feed

• Question

• User1041390081 posted

I've modified the Events_Edit page to Contents_Edit.  It works with a new table "Content".

I can successfully use Contents_Edit to edit the data that I've "manually" populated into the Content table.

I am not however having any luck getting the Contents_Edit page to Insert new data into the table.  I am not getting any errors when hitting "Save Article".  I've been over the code many times and am not having any luck.

Any advice on whats going wrong or how to troubleshoot would be appreciated, Thanks!

The code is located here:

www.wolfpendigital.com/content_edit.txt

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:44 PM

All replies

• User68971474 posted

Check to ensure the Insert query is working directly in SQL Server.

If it's working, and you have SQL Profiler available (SQL Server-> Performance Tools), check to see if the proper data is being passed.

HTH

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:15 AM
  • User1041390081 posted

I can get the insert query to work directly in SQL (by populating the values when asked).

My guess is its the way the asp code is structured (because the edit template works), just the insert doesn't.  The default Edit_News.aspx will populate ok to the database (insert & edit).  Just my version of Content_Edit won't insert.

I've played around with SQLExpressProfiler but am not getting any recognizable results, not sure exactly what Event check marks to select for monitoring.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:43 AM