Merge Module for Visual J# 2.0? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been asked to include the VJ# 2.0 redistributable in one of our installers, but I can only find an EXE. Anyone know where I might be able to find a merge module for the redistributables?
    Friday, April 20, 2007 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hi -

You need to have the reditributable rights to be able to ship the J# Redistributable Package along with your product. Pl ensure that you have the same before you redistribute the product.

Thanks

Gaurav

Monday, April 30, 2007 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi -

You need to have the reditributable rights to be able to ship the J# Redistributable Package along with your product. Pl ensure that you have the same before you redistribute the product.

Thanks

Gaurav

Monday, April 30, 2007 9:10 AM
  • > You need to have the reditributable rights to be able to ship the J# Redistributable Package along with your product.

Where can I get those rights? Will I get a jredist.msm then? My Company is Gold Partner, Germany. Do we need anything else?

We cannot produce a setup.msi,which requires the customer to download and install something like jredist. Jredist means nothing to regular customers, could be spyware or anything else.

If we do not have an appropriate setup procedure (a single signed x.msi which installs everything needed), we will have to discontinue the. Net branch of our product and concentrate on Java only.

Regards,

Eugen

Friday, June 29, 2007 8:37 AM