Parser Error RRS feed

• Question

• User695280987 posted

Hello

I have a parser error

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load the assembly 'App_Web_bgwvor6j'. Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ control language="C#" autoeventwireup="true" inherits="WebPartControls_UpcomingEvents, App_Web_bgwvor6j" %>
    Line 2:  
    Line 3:  				<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource2" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ClubSiteDB %>"

Source File: /WebPartControls/UpcomingEvents.ascx    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

I don't now where this "App_Web_bgwvor6j"is comming from, it is'nt in my code in vs2008

It's from the Extended club website

gr. boris

Sunday, June 22, 2008 12:34 PM

All replies

• User26357911 posted

When web applications are deployed it is complied into an assembly, to which a randomly named is assigned.  You code is modified to use the newly created assembly, and that is the name you are seeing.

I have experienced this problem before, where either it is using the name of an old assembly or the assembly is not recompling.  I have not been able to address the root issue (ath this point), but do have an effective, though not ideal, workaround.  Instead of deploying using the builint in Visual Studios functionality, do an xcopy deploy;  Copy all the source files uncomplied.  IIS will complie on the fly (JIT), which has a slight performance impact when a page is viewed for the first time, but is not the end of the world.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:00 PM