none
Call WCF with generics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I read below link where it is given that using WCF with generics is not possible.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f33547bf-6514-4509-a438-6a6a1e008f6d/is-it-possible-to-use-generics-in-wcf-methods?forum=wcf

In my desktop application I have more than 300 classes having function with a name InsertThisRecord.  Functionality of all functions are different, these functions uses different validation rules as per there corresponding tables.

I have 1 func class & 1 tbl class with fields list of that table (entity class) corresponding to each table. InsertThisRecord function from func class takes table class object as argument & does the appropriate working

Currently in my desktop application I am making object of func class & calling InsertThisRecord from that class. Now this InsertThisRecord working I want to shift it’s execution to server, so I want this code in WCF. If I continue to separate class in WCF it will end up with 300 WCF services on server. This is very difficult to manage. So I planned to make 1 class with generic function as InsertThisRecord. 

If not WCF how I can achieve this.

ANAND ERP (INDIA) PVT.LTD. email : support@upcrest.com Site : www.upcrest.com

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:15 AM

Answers