How to add data to a grid from textbox interactively RRS feed

• Question

• that desire is to have a textbox to search for a product of my inventory and also the amount that I sell a textebox amount and add to the grid and will be filled with the items that I have chosen in the textbox
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Flex

I suggest you see this interesting article by Tim Leung's will help.

http://dotnettim.wordpress.com/2011/04/20/lightswitch-add-non-existent-records-using-autocompletebox/

Jaime

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:05 PM
  • Jaime thanks for your answer worst is not exactly what 
    I want what I want is that of a textbox where to look 
    products and the amount and I put down the grid even 
    to add a button and you must add the product to the grid
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:44 PM
  • To be clear.  You want:

1) A textbox that will filter available products using a name filter. Matching products will fill a row grid.  And then a button on each product line item that would add it to the order.

2) And another textbox with additional filter based on amount of product you sell?

If this is correct, I am confused on the second filter.  Do you just want a CalcField on the product that Sums the amount of the product sold to that customer?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:10 PM
  • If exact Wiliam  did not know how he explained in English that it's paa make a display of sales

1) A textbox that will filter available products using a name filter. Matching products will fill a row grid.  And then a button on each product line item that would add it to the order.

2) And another textbox with additional filter based on amount of product you sell?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:18 PM
  • ideas please
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:33 PM
  • Hi Flex,

I'm sorry, but the language barrier is making it hard to understand enough to be able to help you.

Is William correct with #1 or #2? Or both?

Does this article help? It talks about using comboboxes, but you could also use textboxes instead.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/lightswitchgeneral/thread/420beb37-2690-4504-a32d-0c0e57cbe42d

This one might also give you some ideas, or you can tell us how it doesn't suit what you want.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bethmassi/archive/2010/11/09/creating-a-custom-search-screen-in-visual-studio-lightswitch.aspx

Yann

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:52 PM
  • Yan thanks but example I have a text that buco product and one that I put the amount to sell this product and I have a button that says add when we click the button Add should go to the grid
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:11 AM
  • Hi Flex,

Still hard, lol..

You have a screen that has two text boxes, & a grid, yes?

In one of the text boxes, your user enters a value that is used to search for matching products?

In the other textbox, your user enters a sell price?

When you click the button, all the matching products should get their sell price updated to the value that's in the text box?

Have I understood correctly?

Yann

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:05 AM
  • I have I in my inventory products with prices when I search in the text box and add should be added to the grid look at the image

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 2:18 AM
  • hello , understand me
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:01 PM
  • There is someone here in the Forum that understand me that it is what I do because I have no more words to explain I am frustrated the language barrier separates us
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:59 PM
  • Hi Flex,

Sorry, I *did* reply the other day, after you posted your link to the image, which enabled me to understand what you're trying to do. But that post seems to have just "disappeared". Maybe I got distracted & didn't click "submit" or something, I don't know.

Basically, what I said was that there are two ways that you can achieve your result.

1. An "Editable Grid" screen will allow you to enter details directly into the rows, pretty much like the spreadsheet in your image. I don't see the need for the extra "TextBoxes" & the "Button", but you could even do it that way if you wanted. You may have a "need" for the extra controls that I don't understand.

2. A "List & Details" screen will also let you do the same thing, you'd just need to move the controls around if you want to match the layout in your image, & you'd simply need to change the "list" control to a "grid" control.

If either of these sound lke what you'd like to use, but you need more help on how to do it, just let me know.

Yann

Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:02 AM
  • Hi Flex

I suggest you watch and try to understand (language barrier) Beth Massi videos in:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/es-co/lightswitch/gg604823

and if after clarification as developed in Lightswitch, have doubts, return to this forum and try to help.

Jaime

• Proposed as answer by JaimeH Sunday, June 12, 2011 7:45 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Steve HoagModerator Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:19 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:30 PM