none
Migration of Bing Map Ajax v7 to v8 (TypeScript) RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I am migrating my application from Bing Map Ajax v7 to v8. I intent to use TypeScript for more coding efficiency. I am quite new in TypeScript programming with Map. Please, note that I installed TypeScript module on Visual Studio 2013, and TypeScript Bing Map Extension.

My problems are the following:

1. How do I load a v8 map in Internet Explorer Browser with TypeScript? In the case of Javascript, the code is built in a .html file.
    2. Is there a complete example v8 map loading with TypeScript? I searched in the blogs and forums, but could not find anything. The SDK interactive examples show only portions of code, and do not tell a functional example from A to Z      for beginner with TypeScript.

Please, help!

Thanks.

Regards.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 6:36 PM

Answers

• You need to use a development tool that supports typescript such as visual studio. When you are ready to run your app it will transcompile the typescript into java script. I recommend looking at some intro to typescript videos to get a better understanding. As for bing maps specific samples there are a lot that are a part of this project http://bingmapsv8samples.azurewebsites.net/ take a look at the custom overlay samples as those are larger and mostly written using typescript.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:03 AM
    • Edited by Ricky_Brundritt Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:04 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:04 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pmambo Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:54 PM
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:03 AM

All replies

• You need to use a development tool that supports typescript such as visual studio. When you are ready to run your app it will transcompile the typescript into java script. I recommend looking at some intro to typescript videos to get a better understanding. As for bing maps specific samples there are a lot that are a part of this project http://bingmapsv8samples.azurewebsites.net/ take a look at the custom overlay samples as those are larger and mostly written using typescript.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:03 AM
    • Edited by Ricky_Brundritt Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:04 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:04 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pmambo Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:54 PM
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:03 AM
  • Thanks so much Ricky. I'll follow your recommendations.

Regards,

Patrick M.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:47 PM