none
Looking for Developer - Using Kinect to power Javascript UI RRS feed

• Question

• We're looking for someone who can help us build some navigation for a wall mounted plasma tv display that would use kinect gestures to navigate site analytics traffic data.

At this point we have identified someone who will help us with the web piece that will take in the data from the datacenter, manipulates it, and provides a graph/dataviz part of the code.  The plan is to have an interface that's Javascript-based, that a Kinect recognizion module can map to and call on to perform the proper dataviz.  For example, the Kinect module will recognize a pinch-zoom gesture (all TBD) and call the zoom JS function, and the page with update with the right visualization.

Greatly appreciate any folks who think they might be a good fit, contact us at partners@8ninths.com

Especially if in Seattle area.

Thanks

Adam.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:55 PM

All replies

• Question what do you do with this code? Because you cant access kinect components from javascript directly but yeah it can be done you could read data from hands. Too bad though im not in seattle though. I always am up for a project because i finish my own work projects i come up with fast and i will be needing some here soon anyways. Email me some proposals for the system but not any code and i can take a look at it and see if i can do it. email is:  jefferycarlson@gmail.com

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Thursday, December 8, 2011 12:35 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 12:34 AM
  • Checkout http://www.intrael.com, it may suit your needs
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:07 PM