none
CustomOverlay Broken in Experimental RRS feed

• Question

• I just noticed that in the experimental branch, CustomOverlays are broken. You can see it yourself by using the BasicOverlay sample found at the Microsoft github:

Microsoft/BingMapsV8CodeSamples/blob/master/Samples/Custom%20Overlays/CustomOverlay_BasicOverlay.html

If you put that in an HTML file on your local machine and open it in your browser of choice, you can click the arrows in the top left to pan the map.

Now go to line 77 and replace it with:

<script type='text/javascript' src='https://www.bing.com/api/maps/mapcontrol?branch=experimental&callback=GetMap&key=[YOUR_BING_MAPS_KEY]' async defer></script>

Save and reload the page, and the arrows are no longer lined up vertically and cannot be clicked.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi mlptownsend,

What do you mean by "Save and reload the page"?  You should just hit the run button to re-run the script post changes.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:59 PM
    Owner
  • "If you put that in an HTML file on your local machine".

Take the contents of the HTML sample found at the Github page that I cannot provide a direct link to because my profile isn't verified, save it into a file on your local machine, open the file in a web browser by putting the full file path in the address bar, verify that it works by clicking the arrow buttons in the top left corner, change the file in a text editor on your local machine, save the file in your text editor on your local machine, press the refresh button in your browser, and then you can see that it does not work anymore when you click the arrow buttons in the top left corner that have also changed position.

Friday, May 31, 2019 5:23 PM
  • Hello,

I am able to reproduce the behavior.  Thank you for reporting this.  We will escalate this to our Development Team.

Thank you,

Monday, June 3, 2019 3:01 PM
  • The issue has now been resolved by our Development Team.  Please let us know if you have any outstanding issues.
    Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:02 PM
  • Thanks for the follow up Stephen!
    Wednesday, June 12, 2019 3:51 PM
    Owner