none
VB template not availbale in Visual Studio community 2015

Question

• Why VB template not avaibale in Visual Studio Community 2015? I tried to install it but VB is not included in the programming languages. How to fix the issue?
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Liewvk,

Could you repair your VS from the control panel? Please click "Modify" button, and then re-enable the packages in the wizard, check it again.

This is my VS2015 community version information, it includes the VB packages, so you could check it in your side. Of course, please also make sure that it is not the setup file issue, maybe you could re-download it from the official site, re-install it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 8, 2016 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Liewvk

According to Microsoft official documentation, VS2015 community support Visual Basic language development.

When you  install the VS whether you set C# as the default develop language? If you set other language as default not Visual Basic, we should though ‘Other Languages’ to find VB template such as the following screenshot:

click menu Tools->Import and Export Settings->Reset all settings(next, next)->in dialog box( Choose a Default Collection of settings) we choose Visual Basic->Finish, it will use the VB as the default language like the C# in above screen shot.

In addition, as far as I know, when we install Visual Studio, C#, Visual Basic are installed by default. So if you could not find VB template in ‘Other Language’, I suggest you could modify and repair your Visual studio.

If you also have any issue please free feel let me know.

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, July 8, 2016 5:44 AM
  • Thanks for the help, but there is no option for me to select VB under programming languages during installation. I only see C++, F# and Phyton and no other lagnguages. why?

Friday, July 8, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Hi Liewvk,

Could you repair your VS from the control panel? Please click "Modify" button, and then re-enable the packages in the wizard, check it again.

This is my VS2015 community version information, it includes the VB packages, so you could check it in your side. Of course, please also make sure that it is not the setup file issue, maybe you could re-download it from the official site, re-install it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

Friday, July 8, 2016 9:39 AM