none
Lumi Imaging SDK Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've recently updated Lumia Imaging SDK to v 2 in my app and sometimes I started to get the below exception:

[TypeLoadException: Requested Windows Runtime type 'Lumia.Imaging.JpegTools' is not registered.]
        System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetWinRTFactoryObject(IntPtr pCPCMD):0
        Lumia.Imaging.JpegTools.AutoResizeAsync(IBuffer jpegSource, AutoResizeConfiguration autoConfiguration):0
        Snaps23.Shared.Helpers.PhotoModel.<ResizeStreamAsync>d__13.MoveNext():0

[COMException: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))]

I don't have Any CPU or x64 build configuration in my active solution configurations. The weird thing is that sometimes it works on simulator sometimes not, but it always throws that exception when the app is deployed on device.

• Moved by Jamles Hez Wednesday, January 7, 2015 1:56 AM
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 12:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Aleksandar,

I tested the Lumia imaging SDK code sample in emulator and Lumia 1320 device, they both worked. You can find that code sample, please test in your side and let me know the result. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn859600.aspx.

This page demonstrates how to add references to your project, please check it, avoid some reference errors.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn890712.aspx.

If this does not help, please post more information for me to understand your scenario.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

Some of you may have noticed a problem in Visual Studio 2013 Update 4: when consuming an SDK you may sometimes get a TypeLoadException; a type from the SDK could not be found during runtime and an exception was thrown.

This problem can be found described online in several places. If this is an active obstacle for anyone, the workaround is to grab the C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v12.0\AppxPackage\ Microsoft.Build.AppxPackage.dll from a machine with VS 2013 Update 3 (where it was working), and replace it on a machine with VS 2013 Update 4.

This is effectively just copying a file from VS2013Update3 and using it from Update 4.  

Just note, this fix is needed at App build time. If you are shipping an SDK, the consumers of the SDK need to apply this fix.

Monday, January 19, 2015 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Aleksandar,

I tested the Lumia imaging SDK code sample in emulator and Lumia 1320 device, they both worked. You can find that code sample, please test in your side and let me know the result. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn859600.aspx.

This page demonstrates how to add references to your project, please check it, avoid some reference errors.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn890712.aspx.

If this does not help, please post more information for me to understand your scenario.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

Some of you may have noticed a problem in Visual Studio 2013 Update 4: when consuming an SDK you may sometimes get a TypeLoadException; a type from the SDK could not be found during runtime and an exception was thrown.

This problem can be found described online in several places. If this is an active obstacle for anyone, the workaround is to grab the C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v12.0\AppxPackage\ Microsoft.Build.AppxPackage.dll from a machine with VS 2013 Update 3 (where it was working), and replace it on a machine with VS 2013 Update 4.

This is effectively just copying a file from VS2013Update3 and using it from Update 4.  

Just note, this fix is needed at App build time. If you are shipping an SDK, the consumers of the SDK need to apply this fix.

Monday, January 19, 2015 7:40 PM