What is the robots that can work under CF ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can anyone please list the robots that can work with MRDS 2008 academic edition under combact framework ?

regards,
    Amit
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 12:01 AM

Answers

• The only robots that I am aware of are the Stinger CE from RoboticsConnection and the Sumo robot based on an iRobot Create that was used for the Sumo competition in 2007. Both of these used an eBox 2300 embedded PC mounted on top of the robot and connected via a serial port.

Before you create a CF robot, you probably want to develop services that will work with the robot using the desktop version of RDS. Then you can create CF services using DssNewService.

Be aware that programming and debugging on CF is not as easy as for a desktop OS like Vista or XP. You will also have to create a Windows CE operating system image for your CE device. It's a while since I did this, but you used to have to use the Platform Builder.

Maybe somebody in the community has more up to date information.

Trevor

Monday, January 26, 2009 6:14 AM

All replies

• The only robots that I am aware of are the Stinger CE from RoboticsConnection and the Sumo robot based on an iRobot Create that was used for the Sumo competition in 2007. Both of these used an eBox 2300 embedded PC mounted on top of the robot and connected via a serial port.

Before you create a CF robot, you probably want to develop services that will work with the robot using the desktop version of RDS. Then you can create CF services using DssNewService.

Be aware that programming and debugging on CF is not as easy as for a desktop OS like Vista or XP. You will also have to create a Windows CE operating system image for your CE device. It's a while since I did this, but you used to have to use the Platform Builder.

Maybe somebody in the community has more up to date information.

Trevor

Monday, January 26, 2009 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

The iRrobot create service for both CF and PC are already included on MRDS V2.0, but the Stinger service for CF and PC is not included on MRDS v2.0. The official site contains only the service for MSRS V1.5.

I tried to convert it to work under MRDS V2.0 but there were a tones of errors. I first used Dssprojectmigration and then tired to fix the errors. I successfully solved most of the errors except two for the "SerializerServices" project which are :-

1- Could not load the Microsoft.Dss.Base assembly for the target platform.

2- The command ""C:\Users\Amit\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008\bin\DssProxy.exe" /dll:"C:\Users\Amit\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008\bin\SerializerServices.Y2006.M08.dll" /proxyprojectpath:"C:\Users\Amit\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008\samples\Platforms\RoboticsConnection\SerializerServices\Proxy " /keyfile:"C:\Users\Amit\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008\samples\mrisamples.snk"  /gcfp /binpath:". " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Ccr.Core\2.0.913.0__31bf3856ad364e35\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Dss.Base\2.0.913.0__31bf3856ad364e35\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Dss.Runtime\2.0.913.0__31bf3856ad364e35\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Dss.Runtime.Proxy\2.0.913.0__31bf3856ad364e35\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ " /referencepath:"C:\Users\Amit\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008\bin\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ "".

Do you a solution for these 2 problems ? or Do you have a working service for the stinger robot ?

I need this service so I can make chapter 16 example work for your book.

regards,

Amit

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:19 PM