Error XAML designer (E_ACCESSDENIED)) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, i installed a nuget package and the designer started to show this:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Acceso denegado. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

So i uninstalled the package but still without work, any suggestion?

Stacktrace:

at Windows.UI.Xaml.Setter.put_Value(Object value)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.UniversalXamlDesigner.UniversalXamlUIElementDesignTimeProperties.SetterValueCallback(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)

at Windows.UI.Xaml.UIElement.UpdateLayout()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.WindowsXamlDesigner.Views.WindowsUIXamlImageHost.WindowsXamlSceneWrapper.UpdateLayout()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.WindowsXamlDesigner.Views.WindowsUIXamlImageHost.set_RootInstance(Object value)

InnerException: None

Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:40 PM

All replies

• Hello jeffersonlicet,

Can you reproduce this issue on a new page?

I recommend you open Visual Studio with Admin privilege. Also please try repair Visual Studio from control panel.

Let's see if the above actions helps.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 18, 2015 9:52 AM
  • I encountered this error when I made a custom style for my Pivot. I followed what this blog said, https://blog.hompus.nl/2015/09/04/responsive-pivot-headers-in-universal-windows-platform-apps/ and then, I get that same error.

What is weird though is when I edit a copy of the default template of a pivot by using

I still get those same errors even when I haven't made changes to it.

Another weird thing is I am able to run it without issues. No errors in output window. nothing.

I seem to only get the errors when I view it in the XAML Designer and the XAML Code Editor (by displaying squiggly lines on my styled Pivot Control.

I hope someone answers, It's hard to visualize the Page when I can't use the XAML Designer especially when the Page gets more complex. Thanks!

• Edited by Rivolvan Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:46 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:38 AM
  • did you find a solution?
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 5:35 PM