[XBOX LIVE] [DirectX] [Creators] I get error 0x87DD0005 when logging to Xbox Live RRS feed

• Question

•      Hi Everybody!!!!

I have a problem. I don't really need a solution but I thought about raising it to the forum in case the referred functionality becomes a requirement to publish a game within the Creator's program

In a nutshell, I was able to download the XBOX LIVE SDK, I compiled one of the samples that use DirectX and ran it. I thought I was kind of able to log on into Xbox Live but then I got an error (code 0x87DD0005), saying that it couldn't sign me into Xbox Live. 

Now, I know that it is not my account for I can log on to Xbox Live using the Xbox app that comes included in Windows 10. However, I don't own an Xbox One yet (I'm in the process of buying one) so that could be the source of my problem.

Any light into the issue is greatly appreciated!!!!

Manuel

Tarh ik

Thursday, March 9, 2017 2:36 PM

Answers

• My guess is that you haven't configured your machine into developer mode. Double check these steps: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/games/xbox/docs/xboxlive/get-started/creators/step-by-step-guide-to-integrate-xbox-live

Also, if you are running the samples in the Xbox Live SDK, you need to be in the sample sandbox - XDKS.1 - instead of the developer sandbox for your game.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:55 PM