Create App Packages - can't fully sign in to the Windows Store - Visual Studio Professional 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• The response has been here in the forum before:  "Visual Studio was unable to verify your developer account.  Either the store is unavailable or an unexpected network error occurred."  There is history here of this exact error message, and even some corrective action that was taken back in 2016.  

The last time I built successfully was a beta build of our app, on May 5.  On May 26 I tried to make a release build, but nothing is working.  I have been using a subscriber version of Visual Studio Professional 2013 for about 9 months with no issues.  My teammate has his own version that he purchased, and he is experiencing the exact same symptom when he attempt to Create App Packages.  You enter your account, and password, choose your security device, receive your code and enter the code.  Immediately you get the response "Visual Studio was unable to verify your developer account.  Either the store is unavailable or an unexpected network error occurred."

I am stuck.  I would really appreciate any insight into how I might move forward. 

TIA

Thursday, June 4, 2020 11:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to login to the partner center directly in browser? Could you login to the site successfully in your network?

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, June 5, 2020 2:27 AM
  • Roy,

Thanks for reading this!

Yes, there is no problem logging into the partner center.  I just tested again with an incognito window and logged in fine.  The partner site does not have the 2 factor authorization process that the Create App Packages process has, where you put in a text or email and they send you a code.  That is where it fails.  Right after you submit your code.

Friday, June 5, 2020 3:21 PM
  • It should be your Visual Studio version, install the latest 2019 version and try again
    Saturday, June 6, 2020 1:05 AM
  • Thank you for your comment.  Yes, I have tested newer versions and I don't have problems with even the 2015 version.  However, my app in its' current state is incompatible with newer versions.   I have been using this release process for 9 months, and as recently as my Beta build (that I want to release to production) on May 5.  There were no bugs in beta, so this is the same code that I was able to release a month ago.

Hopefully someone at MS reads these.  I wonder if anyone else is having a problem with this issue.  It is a recurring issue in the past.  E.g.,  https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/f6e55cb0-ccf1-428e-b07a-34a5f9bed1a6/visual-studio-was-unable-to-verify-your-developer-account-either-the-store-is-unavailable-either?forum=wpsubmit

Monday, June 8, 2020 3:36 PM
  • Hi,

Generally, this kind of problems are caused by network issue. Since you could login to the Partner Center successfully from broswer, there should be no issue with your network. You might need to send a feedback in the Visual Studio to report this issue.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 5:54 AM